Innovative therapies improve brain function for PTSD at Brain Wellness Center
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a condition that often doesn’t respond well to conventional medical care, affects about 8% of adults. If you struggle with PTSD, Hasan Asif, MD, at Brain Wellness Center has a solution: comprehensive neuroscience-based treatments that improve brain function in areas affected by PTSD. To learn more about Dr. Asif’s innovative and highly effective therapies, call or schedule an appointment online.
PTSD develops after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic or life-threatening event. Examples include military duty, violence, assault, accidents, disasters, or the loss of a loved one. Symptoms of PTSD include flashbacks, hypersensitivity, avoidance of triggers, and negative mood. Guilt and self-blame are common among patients who believe they should have prevented the trauma. If you experience PTSD symptoms, seek professional help for diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Asif's diagnosis involves a neuroscience-based assessment of your brain, a revolutionary approach that goes beyond typical psychiatric assessments.
- QEEG: Records brain waves using 19 scalp sensors, mapping underactive areas contributing to PTSD symptoms.
- Biostress test: Measures breathing, heart rate, and QEEG during stress test for treatment decision-making.
- Cognitive testing: Assesses memory, attention, and learning abilities associated with PTSD.
Dr. Asif offers innovative treatments to enhance brain function and improve PTSD symptoms. These include:
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS): Uses pulsed magnetic fields to change nerve activity and raise neurotransmitter levels in specific brain areas.
- Neuropsychotherapy: Monitors brain activity with QEEG during therapy sessions to make personalized treatment adjustments.
- Neurofeedback: Utilizes the Brain Master AVATAR™ system to visualize brain patterns and consciously improve targeted brain waves.
- Photobiomodulation: Safely boosts energy in brain cells using infrared light, with QEEG monitoring to adjust the frequency of light in real-time.
- Psychopharmacology: Incorporates genetic testing (Genecept™ Assay) to determine medication metabolism and prescribe the most suitable medication without trial and error.